SmartPhone Technologies LLC, a Texas-based company that doesn’t even seem to have a website, has sued no less than seven big companies for patent infringements.
The companies sued are Apple, Research In Motion, Samsung, LG, Motorola, Sanyo and AT&T.
SmartPhone Technologies claims that a “broad range of patents” that it owns have been infringed by the companies. Said patents are related to email syncing, Bluetooth connectivity and other technologies.
The suit was filed in a U.S. District Court in the Eastern District of Texas.
SmartPhone Technologies LLC seeks unspecified damages, costs and expenses from all companies that have allegedly infringed its patents.
Via Apple Insider
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Apple responds to Nokia’s lawsuit with a countersuit
- First Nokia vs Apple trials to take place in 2012. Nokia apparently wants $1.3 billion from Apple
- Nokia says iPad 3G also infringes patents, sues Apple again
- Nokia files new complaint against Apple, says most of its devices infringe patents
- Klausner sues HTC for Visual Voicemail patent infringement