I had the impression that Android 2.1 is reserved only for high-end and mid-end smartphones, but it looks like this is not true.
HTC Tattoo (the company’s most affordable Android handset to date) will apparently be upgraded to Android 2.1 soon.
According to FrAndroid, HTC has confirmed that they’re working to integrate its Sense UI with Android 2.1 on the Tattoo. This will “take time”, but the upgrade will come eventually.
On a related note, maybe you’re interested in watching a video of the Samsung Galaxy Spica i5700 running Android 2.1 (an official upgrade for the Spica should come soon, too):
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Spica i5700 officially upgraded to Android 2.1
- TattooMyHTC launched, obviously for the HTC Tattoo
- Rogers launches the Samsung Galaxy Spica i5700; Android 2.1 update coming soon
- HTC Hero and HTC Tattoo launched in Australia
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc and Play getting Android 2.3.3 upgrade next week?