We’ve already reported about some features that might come with iPhone 4.0 OS, like new syncing capabilities, “multi-touch gestures OS-wide” and graphical enhancements.
But one of the most important new feature of iPhone 4.0 OS might be multitasking support.
According to AppleInsider, the new iPhone OS will indeed come with multitasking, thus allowing third party apps to run simultaneously in the background. It’s not clear yet how Apple will “optimize resource conservation and battery life” after enabling multitasking on the iPhone. I guess we’ll see this when iPhone 4.0 OS is launched.
As a reminder, iPhone 4.0 OS might also feature stuff like event-based modes and “user-programmed automated communications.”
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- More info on iPhone 4.0 OS: multitasking via Expose-like interface
- Apple iPhone OS 4 gets official, multitasking included; will be out in the summer
- Apple schedules iPhone OS 4.0 event for April 8
- “iPhone 4G” to be released in June, say Korean sources
- iPhone OS 4 beta 4 features AT&T tethering