Unlike the other British carriers, Orange will sell the Xperia X10 in black and, exclusively to Orange, also in white.
As you most probably already know, the Xperia X10 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon CPU at 1GHz and features Android 1.6, a 4 inch WVGA touchscreen display, HSDPA, Wi-Fi, GPS, 8MP autofocus camera and 1GB of internal memory. Orange will offer the X10 in the UK starting early April, for free on select contracts.
Before introducing the Xperia X10, Orange UK plans to launch an online mobile games store for Java phones – on March 26.
Created in collaboration with HMV, the store is called HMV Mobile Games and it will allow customers to download games even if their phones use other networks than Orange’s.
Games will cost from £1 to £5. Orange’s customers will be able to add the cost of downloads to their monthly bills, while customers of other carriers will have to pay online.
According to RegHardware, users who want the HMV Mobile Games storefront app on their phone should text “hmv” to 87010.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Orange UK to kick off new mobile gaming initiatives for iPhone
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play, Arc and Neo show up at Orange UK’s website
- RIM’s own App Store: BlackBerry Application Storefront, ready in March 2009
- Verizon Mobile Web Games and Apps Store launched
- Orange to launch Application Shop – its own app store