Flash memory maker SanDisk has prepared an announcement called “Something Big”, and it turns out that this revolves around a new microSDHC card–one that holds 32GB of storage space and will cost $200 USD.
If you’re big on storage on your mobile phone and would rather have your data where you can easily access it wherever you are, then SanDisk’s newest offering should be able to serve you well. It’s set to come out next month for the above mentioned price as the last spec bump under microSDHC.
Users that demand even more storage space (and I fail to see why anyone would need more than 32GB of space on a mobile right now) can opt for the higher capacity SDXC cards, but those probably aren’t about to come out any time soon and will require a change in handheld.
32GB should be just enough for now, though, as you can have several of your favorite games on it with other files and stuff without any issues whatsoever. If only they could make the card itself even smaller…
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- SanDisk working on 128GB MicroSDHC cards?
- SanDisk goes official with its 16GB MicroSDHC and M2 memory cards
- HTC Thunderbolt Has 8 GB Internal Memory, Only 2.5 GB Can be Used
- SE Xperia users get 50GB of free storage space on Box.net
- Black Samsung Galaxy S III set to arrive in the UK in October with 64 GB of storage