Samsung (the first company to add DivX certification to mobile phones) announced that its Bada-based Samsung Wave S8500 is the world’s first handset certified for DivX HD (720p) video playback.
Moreover, the just-announced Samsung Galaxy S i9000 (which runs Android 2.1) will also get DivX HD certification sometime soon.
Both the Wave and the Galaxy S feature Super AMOLED displays, which make them perfect for viewing any kind of video, not just at 720p resolution.
The Samsung Wave S8500 should be available across Europe in April or May, while the Samsung Galaxy S i9000 will probably be launched a few months later.
(Samsung Wave S8500 vs Samsung Galaxy S i9000)
Samsung said that it currently has more than 45 phones capable of providing full playback of DivX videos.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- #MWC10: Samsung Wave S8500 with Bada OS now official
- Samsung Galaxys S i9000 and Samsung Wave S8500 show up in new TV ads
- Samsung Wave S8500 specs and photos show up
- Samsung plans to sell 10 million Wave S8500 phones, offer 1,000 Bada apps this year
- Samsung Wave S8500 to be launched in North and South America?