According to Android Central, Best Buy may pre-sell the EVO 4G starting May, “in the form of a gift card that will later be redeemed for the phone itself” – which probably means the smartphone will actually be yours starting June or even later.
Coming as North America’s first 4G (WiMAX) smartphone, the HTC EVO 4G features Android 2.1, HTC’s Sense UI, 4.3 inch WVGA multi-touch display, Wi-Fi, GPS, 3.5mm headset jack, 8MP autofocus camera with HD video recording, 1.3MP front-facing camera, HDMI port, 1GB ROM, 512MB RAM, and a 1GHz Snapdragon processor.
There’s still no word on the price of Sprint’s brand new handset, but we’ll probably find out more on this in May. Meanwhile, you can check out our HTC EVO 4G hands-on.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- O2 UK intros the HTC HD2 too
- HTC EVO 4G announced for Sprint – the world’s first WiMAX Android handset
- Motorola Milestone, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 to be launched in India next week
- HTC Evo Shift 4G now official, Sprint will sell it starting January 9
- HTC 7 Pro with Windows Phone 7 to be launched in Germany next month (via O2)