While there are plenty of games available for download for the iPhone on Apple’s app store (and counting), Orange UK is gearing up to launch several of their own iPhone games in order to win back some of the customers they lost in the mobile gaming segment.
These upcoming games will either be designed or published by Orange UK, and include an off-road racing game, card games including blackjack and poker, and social gaming service Playtomo. They will appear on Apple’s app store from late April, and will be the first leg of Orange UK’s three-part mobile gaming initiatives for the iPhone platform.
Apart from the games, the telco is also going to launch a subscription gaming service called Games Zone, wherein subscribers will get two free games, and 20% off the price of any other games they buy when it goes live on March 31. This service will cost £5 a month.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- T-Mobile secretly working on Apple App Store counterpart for 31.5 million subscribers
- Could WWDC 2008 see launch of dedicated Apple handheld gaming console?
- Orange UK launching white Xperia X10, HMV mobile games store
- Neil Young leaves Electronic Arts to launch NGMoCo for next-gen iPhone games and more
- Orange, Vodafone to Bring Streaming TV Services to iPhone