Earlier this month, we reported about HTC’s plans to launch the HTC Smart in India with a $1 million marketing budget.
Well, today HTC and Bharti Airtel have officially announced the HTC Smart, which reportedly “marks HTC’s strategic focus on India.”
Based on Qualcomm’s Brew Mobile platform, the HTC Smart is a really affordable handset that features a 2.8 inch QVGA display, Sense UI, HTC Friendstream (integrating Facebook, Twitter and Flickr), HTML browser, push email, 3.5mm headset jack, FM radio, 3.2MP camera, MicroSD card support, and 3G (although Airtel doesn’t have a 3G network yet).
The HTC Smart should be available via Airtel in 30 major cities across India, as well as at authorized HTC dealers. The phone’s price, as we already said, is a low one: only 9,990 INR (which currently means about $222).
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Smart to be launched in India with a $1 million marketing budget
- India gets the BlackBerry Curve 8900 too
- HTC HD Mini now available in India
- Samsung Monte S5620 launched in India
- BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 hits India via Airtel