Sony Ericsson’s last Walkman phone, the W205, was announced almost a year ago, and since then the company has been quiet when it comes to W-series handsets. But this doesn’t mean there will be no more SE Walkman phones from now on. One of them, although not officially announced, is the Sony Ericsson W100 Spiro.
We don’t have any details on the W100 Spiro, but the Bluetooth SIG says it’s a “mobile phone” with Bluetooth 2.0, and I assume it’s a low-end device.
Another upcoming phone is the Motorola Gallo i296 – obviously an iDEN device (like the Android-based Motorola i1). According to the FCC, the Gallo i296 is also called i294, it’s a candybar and it will be launched by Boost Mobile in the US (and probably by Sprint, too).
This is what the Motorola Gallo i296 / i294 looks like:
And finally, we have the ZTE E520, a CDMA 1x candybar that should be available at MetroPCS sometime soon.
The ZTE E520 features music player, Bluetooth and a photo camera.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Zylo and Spiro Walkman phones introduced (video)
- Sony Ericsson Zylo Walkman phone coming to Orange UK
- Nokia N8, Samsung Galaxy Apollo and SE Spiro coming to T-Mobile UK
- Affordable Sony Ericsson W610 Walkman Phone
- W660i Walkman Phone from Sony Ericsson