Nokia has recently asked users what features they’re most looking forward to in the company’s upcoming Symbian^3 mobile OS.
It turns out that 28% of the users who voted in Nokia’s poll want next-generation graphics (which will apparently include 2D and 3D effects, as well as “a semi transparent UI, and overlays across applications”).
18% of the users want multi-touch in Symbian^3. And, of course, Nokia will include this feature, not only on the homescreen, but also in photos, videos and apps.
Other features expected in Symbian^3: new homescreen, better memory management, single-tap interaction, smart network management, one-click connectivity and HDMI support.
As previously reported, the first Symbian^3 device should be launched by Nokia in the second half of this year – and it might be the Nokia N8. Until then, in case you’ve missed it, here’s a Symbian^3 video preview:
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- #MWC10: Nokia, Symbian officially announce Symbian^3 (video)
- Nokia Messaging adds Twitter support, enhanced Facebook features
- Nokia N97 mini announced for October, will cost €450
- Nokia PureView 808 officially “coming soon” to the US
- Symbian^3 looks mighty interesting: multi-desktops, multi-touch, NFC, HDMI, HD video, song recognition and more