The Apple iPad which recently went on sale has already been jailbroken by the same team that has been doing the same thing to the iPhone and iPod touch for years. So is anyone surprised?
I’m sure at least some of the people who’ve never owned iPhones before will be surprised with the difference jailbreaking can do for the iPad, as it opens the door for third-party apps that are sold or made available for free through channels other than Apple’s own iTunes app store. As soon as the iPhone dev team responsible for the first iPad jailbreak releases a user-friendly jailbreaking tool for the masses, that is.
This first successful attempt at jailbreaking the iPad builds on the “Spirit” jailbreak by a certain comex. They are probably working on a stable version to release to the public for personal jailbreaking purposes as I write this. We’ll give you an update once this has been released.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Latest iPhone 3GS’ shipped by Apple seem to be immune to jailbreaking
- Apple iOS 4.3.2 now out for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, iOS 4.2.7 for Verizon iPhone
- Untethered iOS 5.0.1 jailbreak now available for all devices except the iPad 2 and iPhone 4S
- iOS 6 already jailbroken on three devices
- Evasi0n untethered jailbreak for iOS 6.x released, works on iPhone 5 too