Last month we’ve heard that Google’s Android Market might be blocked in South Korea because it contains games that have not been reviewed by the Korean Game Rating Board. Well, Android Market won’t be blocked after all – however, Google has decided to exclude all games from the Korean version of its app store.
Reportedly, Google expects the Games category (which contains about 4,400 games) to be removed from Android Market in South Korea in about a month.
(Motorola Titanium XT800, one of the latest Android phones announced in South Korea)
Apple has also removed the Games category from the Korean App Store, but it keeps on offering some games via the Entertainment category. It’s said that iPhone users in Korea are setting up secondary accounts outside the country in order to have access to all the games in the App Store – and maybe that’s what Android users will do, too.
Via Telecoms Korea
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Google’s Android Market might be blocked in South Korea
- Android phones, Android Market heading to Korea this year
- Nokia X6 coming to South Korea in June
- Apple iPhone 4 an instant hit in Korea
- Motorola Milestone / Droid dubbed QRTY in Korea, Froyo not included yet