Back in November 2009, when Samsung announced its new Bada OS, the South Korean company said that it expects devices based on the new platform to “become a significant force in the market in 2010.”
But for this to happen, Samsung needs more smartphones that just one (the Wave S8500), right? Well, four of the upcoming Bada handsets have appeared in Russia, where Samsung has recently held a press conference.
Samsung did not give any details about the new Bada phones, but we can see that they all have touchscreen displays (obviously), and two of them have full QWERTY keyboards:
Apparently, these new Samsung Bada devices will be sold for prices starting at $340. As a reminder, the Samsung Wave S8500 should be available in Europe this month, for about €380 ($515).
Samsung plans to sell 1.5 million Bada handsets in Russia by the end of 2010.
Via Samsung Hub
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Wave 2 (525) and Wave 2 Pro (533) also announced in Germany, will cost €299 each
- All Samsung Wave phones will be updated to Bada 2.0
- Samsung Wave 2 and Wave 2 Pro announced in Russia, priced
- Samsung Wave 2, Wave 2 Pro, Omnia Pro 4 and Pro 5 announced
- Samsung to push Bada 2.0 updates to its Wave range in Q1 2012