While many Verizon customers are waiting for the HTC Incredible and the Google Nexus One, the largest US carrier might first launch two Microsoft phones – the Pure and the Turtle, both part of project Pink.
According to CNET, Microsoft will unveil the two phones during an event held on April 12 in San Francisco. Later this month, the devices should be available for purchase at Verizon.
The Microsoft Pure and Turtle phones have touchscreen displays and QWERTY keyboards. They run a version of Windows Mobile and feature social networking integration, as well as Zune integration (like Windows Phone 7).
Most probably, the final name of Microsoft’s two phones will not be Turtle and Pure (these are just codenames). There’s no info yet on the price Verizon will ask for the handsets, but we know that both devices should also be available at Vodafone later this year.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Microsoft Project Pink phones might hit Verizon in April (without Windows Phone 7)
- Microsoft’s Pink phones show up again, might hit both Verizon and Vodafone
- Microsoft Kin One and Kin Two now official, will be launched by Verizon and Vodafone
- “Zune phone” references coming straight from Microsoft
- Microsoft Zune / Pink phone coming in two months, WM7 included?