Initially launched for Nokia’s Symbian S60 smartphones, Nokia Messaging will be available for S40 phones, too.
Nokia is launching Messaging for S40 in Ecuador first, where it will be preloaded on select new entry-level phones. Nokia doesn’t mention which phones exactly, but I assume handsets like Nokia 2690, Nokia 7230 (pictured below) and even Nokia X3 will be included.
Like its version for S60, Nokia Messaging for S40 is free and provides access to up to 10 POP/IMAP email accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Ovi Mail etc). It also allows you to set up multiple IM clients to chat on your phone.
Nokia didn’t say when Messaging for S40 phones will be available in other countries, but it should happen soon.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia Messaging launched with support for Mail on Ovi and many email and IM solutions
- Low-end phones now have a Push Email solution from Synchronica
- Email friendly Nokia E75 starts shipping
- Nokia Messaging and Nokia Communication Center 2.0 out of beta
- 1 million Nokia Ovi Mail accounts created