Nokia Ovi Store now serves more than 1.6 million downloads per day
The Nokia Ovi Store (which was recently redesigned and slightly enhanced) is currently serving more than 1.6 million downloads daily, says Bill Perry, senior Services Marketing Manager for Forum Nokia.
Ovi Store includes content from publishers from more than 80 countries worldwide – one the most successful publishers being game developer Digital Chocolate, which recently reached 4.5 million downloads.
More than 100 Nokia phones are compatible with Ovi Store (over 60 of them are based on Symbian).
Some of the handsets used frequently to download content from Ovi Store include: Nokia X6, Nokia N97, Nokia N97 Mini, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, 5530 XpressMusic, Nokia E66, Nokia E71 and Nokia E72. The just-announced C3, C6 and E5 will probably be popular with Ovi Store, too.
There are no less than 66 operators that support integrated mobile billing with Ovi Store in 19 countries. Here’s a complete list:
- Optus, Telstra and Vodafone in Australia
- 3, Orange and T-Mobile in Austria
- Base, Mobistar and Proximus in Belgium
- TDC, Sonofon, Telia and 3 in Denmark
- DNA, Elisa, Saunalahti and Sonera in Finland
- SFR, Bouygues Telecom and Orange in France
- T-Mobile, Vodafone, Debitel, E-Plus and Mobilcom in Germany
- Meteor, Vodafone, O2 and 3 in Ireland
- Vodafone and Wind in Italy
- KPN, T-Mobile, Telfort, Vodafone and Tele2 in Netherlands
- Netcom, Telenor and Tele2 in Norway
- Era, Orange, Play and Plus in Poland
- MTS and Beeline in Russia
- Starhub and Singtel in Singapore
- Vodafone, Orange and Movistar in Spain
- 3, Tele2, Telenor and Telia in Sweden
- Orange, Swisscom and Sunrise in Switzerland
- Virgin, Vodafone, Orange, T-Mobile, 3 and O2 in the UK
- AT&T and T-Mobile in the US
You can access Ovi Store either on your phone, or via a desktop PC, here.