The Gigabyte GSmart G1305 Codfish is indeed coming to Orange, as we assumed last month, and is indeed called Boston (which is not that weird, since the carrier also has phones dubbed Rome, New York, Vegas and Miami).
Running Android 1.6, the Orange Boston features a 3.2 inch touchscreen display with 480 x 320 pixels, trackball, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g, GPS, Bluetooth 2.0, 3.5mm headset jack, 5MP camera, MicroSD card support, 256MB of RAM, and a 600MHz processor from Qualcomm.
As seen in the renderings below, the Boston will be launched by Orange in white:
The Orange Boston should be available in the UK, Spain, Poland and Romania starting this month. It’s said that the smartphone will be offered for only €1 on select contracts.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Orange Lisbon and Orange Rio to be launched in the UK on PAYG
- Orange exclusively releases HTC Touch HD in the UK
- UK: Orange Rio II is a touchscreen + QWERTY candybar that costs £69.99 on Pay as you go
- Orange Vegas launched in the UK for only £48.50
- Orange Stockholm (with Android) and Orange Sydney coming soon to the UK