LG Electronics in Korea has introduced the world’s first phone to support DMB 2.0. Nicknamed the ‘Cafe Phone’, the LG SU420 comes with an integrated mobile TV receiver that supports DMB 2.0, making the consumption of multimedia on the go not only possible, but also interactive.
DMB (digital multimedia broadcasting) 2.0 is basically an interactive Internet-based television service that enables users (viewers) to access a range of data-based services including e-commerce, stock updates and personal video recordings to name a few. An example of DMB 2.0 in action would be being able to access background info (like relevant statistics) while watching something live, all on the same phone.
The LG SU420 comes with a 3.2-inch WVGA touchscreen LCD, 3-megapixel main camera (complemented by a front-facing cam for video conferencing), built-in Wi-Fi, GPS, 3.5mm audio jack and microSD card slot. It supports HSPA/GSM communications standards and is fitted with a 1250 mAh battery.
SK Telecom currently offers the LG SU420 in Korea but the pricing details are unknown.
Via Akihabara News
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG KC910 Renoir a.k.a. Viewty II live pics
- Samsung announces feature-packed and expensive SPH-W6050 for Korea
- Dell smartphone roadmap leaks, powerful new Android and WP7 handsets on the way
- KT’s Samsung M8400 WiBro WCDMA Wi-Fi phone starts shipping in Korea
- LG KF600 InteractPad phone announced worldwide