Here’s some interesting and somewhat confusing piece of info: the Bluetooth SIG has just approved the Samsung SCH-T959 – which is obviously headed to T-Mobile USA, since all Samsung phones named like this are made for T-Mo.
Reportedly, the T959 features Android, TouchWiz 3.0 UI, a 4 inch AMOLED touchscreen display, Bluetooth 3.0 and Wi-Fi (the phone has recently received its Wi-Fi certification). These features are similar to the ones of Samsung Galaxy S i9000 (pictured below), so the T959 might be a version of the new Galaxy made for T-Mobile.
So what’s confusing about all this?
Firstly, the Bluetoth SIG also refers to the T959 as the T939 – but this is most probably a typo, since the T939 is the already-available Samsung Behold II (which has a 3.2 inch screen, not a 4 inch one).
Secondly, the T959’s User Agent Profile shows that the phone has a display with 320 x 480 pixels – although this wouldn’t be the first time when a mistake sneaks into a UA Profile.
Assuming the T959 does have the features listed by the Bluetooth SIG (4 inch AMOLED display and so on), T-Mobile USA will probably have its own version of the Galaxy S i9000 – just like AT&T. Ain’t that nice?
Update: here’s another mention of the T959 (no typos this time). “Geographic Availability: North America” – well, we already knew that.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- AT&T’s Samsung i897 (Galaxy S?) shows up in photos, could be the carrier’s third Android phone
- Samsung Galaxy 3 (i5800 / i5801) with Android in the making?
- Samsung Profile SCH-r580 launched by US Cellular
- Samsung Galaxy Note III confirmed for the second half of 2013? Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 LTE listed at Bluetooth SIG
- Samsung Galaxy I6500U (Saturn) with Android 2.1 now official – for China