Sprint still hasn’t announced the official released date of HTC EVO 4G, but the carrier has just sent out invitations for some sort of a launch party that will be held in New York City on May 12.
Sprint CEO Dan Hesse will be at the event to showcase the multimedia capabilities of the EVO 4G. Sprint has partnered with Walt Disney Pictures for an advanced screening of the upcoming blockbuster “Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time” – so the movie might be pre-loaded on the smartphone.
According to the invitation, the HTC EVO 4G is “the world’s first Android phone”, but that’s obviously a mistake – they probably wanted to say it’s the world’s first 4G Android phone.
While the EVO 4G will be showcased on May 12, it won’t be available for purchase that month. The invite mentions that the smartphone will be out “this summer”, so that June 13 launch date might be the exact one.
Via Android Central
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sprint announces “exciting content” for the HTC Evo 3D
- Sprint HTC Evo View 4G launching with Android 3.0 Honeycomb?
- Samsung to launch new Galaxy S smartphone on September 16?
- Sprint HTC Evo 4G LTE will be out on May 18, rumor says
- Motorola i1 officially coming to Sprint on July 25 for $149.99 on contract