RIM’s BlackBerry OS 6.0 looks like it will be interesting, but what about the devices that will be running it? Well, BGR’s got the scoop on the very first BlackBerry smartphone that will run the upcoming mobile OS, and it’s apparently called the BlackBerry 9670.
Apart from being one of the first devices to run BlackBerry OS 6.0, the BlackBerry 9670 will feature a 5-megapixel camera, full QWERTY keyboard, built-in Wi-Fi, a 360×480 main display and a huge external display on the outer flip of its clamshell body.
There will also be a trackpad onboard, as well as a microUSB port, microSD card slot, and Bluetooth connectivity. The BlackBerry 9670 is going to be a CDMA device, so you can expect it to work on CDMA network. There’s still no word on pricing or exact release date, though, but we’ll be on the lookout for those and other details in the coming weeks.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Blackberry Essex, Striker Outed; More on the Way in 2010?
- BlackBerry Bold 9650 hits the FCC, will probably be launched in Korea, too
- RIM’s BlackBerry Storm 3 finally pictured?
- T-Mobile BlackBerry Curve 8520 (Gemini) to come on August 5
- RIM’s first BlackBerry slider (Storm3?) apparently leaked