We’ve recently reported that the Samsung Wave S8500 is available in the UK, but it looks like the new (and only) Bada smartphone is actually not shipping yet – despite being featured on the websites of quite a few online retailers.
Furthermore, according to TechRadar, Samsung says that the Wave S8500’s launch in the UK is planned for June (which sounds like a delay).
The handset’s official price was not announced, but it should be around £366.99 (€420) free of contract.
Like the Samsung Galaxy S i9000, the Wave S8500 uses Samsung’s new Super AMOLED touchscreen display. The handset also comes with TouchWiz UI 3.0 (on top of Bada OS), Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, HSDPA, GPS, 3.5mm headset jack, 1GHz processor, and a 5MP autofocus camera with 720p video recording.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Wave S8500 available in the UK, £366.99 unlocked
- Samsung Galaxys S i9000 and Samsung Wave S8500 show up in new TV ads
- Samsung Wave coming to Bell Canada on July 8. Wave 2 might hit the UK in August
- Samsung Wave S8500 now available in Europe (UK, France)
- Samsung Wave S8500 available in Canada (via Rogers and Bell). Samsung Entro also launched