Google announced that it has acquired Israeli-based company Labpixies – which develops gadgets for iGoogle (the customizable startpage similar to My Yahoo!), as well as games and apps for Android, iPhone and social networking sites (Facebook, MySpace, hi5, Orkut).
Naturally, as part of Google, Labpixies will further develop content for iGoogle (mainly for Europe, Africa and the Middle East).
There’s no word yet whether Labpixies will continue to make apps for Apple’s iPhone or not.
In related news, Google has just launched new and improved Place Pages for Android, iPhone and iPod touch.
Available only in the US at the moment, Place Pages for mobile provides useful info about local places and businesses, directly on your phone.
A video demo of Place Pages for mobile can be watched below:
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Google optimizes search results pages for iPhone and Android
- Google offers improved search results for iPhone, iPod touch
- Google Talk optimized for iPhone
- Google makes mobile search faster, improves mobile iGoogle
- Gmail and Google Calendar for iPhone and Android updated