McAfee, one of the world’s most well-known antivirus software providers, announced the availability of McAfee VirusScan Mobile technology for Google’s Android platform.
For some unknown reasons, the anti-malware Android solution from McAfee is currently available only in South Korea, only for the Motorola XT720 (pictured below), and only to SK Telecom subscribers. Users can download the software for free via SK’s TStore.
According to McAfee, the VirusScan Mobile technology not only protects Android phones against malware, but it also “secures personal information and helps ensure critical communication functions work while users are on the go.” The software features automatic protection updates and real-time scanning – this might drain your phone’s battery life quite fast.
McAfee didn’t say when (or if) VirusScan Mobile for Android will be launched in other markets.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- ESET Intros Antivirus Software for Smartphones
- Select Verizon Android phones getting Trend Micro’s Mobile Security app
- NEC announces speech interpretation software for cell phones
- Virtualization Goes Mobile: Motorola, Cisco and Intel Want in
- Samsung Galaxy S II has already received two software updates