According to Fudzilla, the BlackBerry 9670 is a clamshell just because Verizon asked RIM to do it in this form factor. Reportedly, the carrier also “supplied the specs”, which should include a 5MP camera, Wi-Fi, full QWERTY keyboard, and an updated OS (that’s BlackBerry 6).
The 9670 should be some sort of an affordable “hip device” targeted at young users.
Obviously, Verizon will sell the CDMA version of the BlackBerry 9670 in the US, while Vodafone should get the GSM version for Europe and other markets. No word yet on the release date of the BlackBerry 9670.
Via Phone Arena
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Microsoft’s Pink phones show up again, might hit both Verizon and Vodafone
- BlackBerry Pearl 8220 now available on T-Mobile for $149.99
- BlackBerry Style 9670 will launch in Canada on Bell and Telus during the first week of November
- BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 hits India via Airtel
- UK: Vodafone 555 Facebook phone now available for £62.50