You just need to record 53 required commands (i.e. “You have reached your destination” and so on) – after that, your own voice pack will be uploaded to the Own Voice website.
You can also share your navigation voice pack with other Own Voice users, or use others’ voices. Voice packs can even be shared via Facebook and Twitter.
The best part of all this is that Nokia Own Voice is free. You can get the app via Ovi Store. Keep in mind that the app works only in English and not all Nokia smartphones support it – you can check out if your handset supports it here.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia Messaging adds Twitter support, enhanced Facebook features
- Nokia encourages us to use mobile internet browsing – it’s greener
- Nokia Maps 3.0 beta available for download
- Nokia enables free navigation on the E71 and E66
- Google Maps Navigation now available to Android users in Europe