New details regarding the launch date of Sprint’s HTC EVO 4G have showed up. Apparently, The Shack (previously known as Radio Shack) will take pre-orders for the smartphone starting “later this month.”
We’ve previously heard that Best Buy would pre-sell the EVO starting May, too, so this does make sense.
Perhaps more importantly is what a user claiming to work for Sprint is saying over at the Android Forums: “EVO advocates will get the phones on May 17th and be trained on them May 24th. The EVO will go on sale June 6th.” June 6 is exactly one month from now, so let’s hope this turns out to be true.
Another new detail about the EVO 4G is that it’s not a world phone (like Verizon’s HTC Incredible), so it won’t have GSM/HSDPA connectivity in addition to CDMA/EV-DO/WiMAX.
Sprint might sell the EVO for $199 on contract – a reasonable price for any high-end smartphone nowadays.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sprint’s HTC Evo Shift 4G to cost $149 on contract starting January 9
- Sprint iPhone 4S 16GB Now Being Offered At Radio Shack
- Sprint’s HTC Evo 3D to be launched on June 24?
- Best Buy to pre-sell the HTC EVO 4G starting May?
- Palm Pre officially coming on June 6 for $199 with a Sprint contract