LG Ally launch details revealed, pre-order to begin on May 13th
The LG Ally, which had its official launch alongside an Iron Man 2 marketing campaign a little more than a week ago, will be coming to market on May 20 and pre-orders for it should start by May 13. This is according to information obtained by the guys over at Boy Genius Report, who also reveal plenty more interesting details about the device including its full specifications.
BGR‘s info pretty much confirms what we had learned earlier about the LG Ally, such as the fact that it’s going to run Android 2.1, have a 3.2-megapixel camera and side-sliding full QWERTY keyboard. Below is a photo of the LG Ally with its QWERTY keyboard pulled out and the display showing its Android home screen.
The rest of the specs isn’t all that great, but then again, they aren’t so bad either. 600MHz processor and 256 MB of RAM, 3.2-inch 800×480 pixel touchscreen display, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, built-in Wi-Fi, GPS and 3.5mm headphone jack, plus tight integration with Google web services and pre-installed LG widgets that add functionality.
- 800/1900 MHz CDMA, EVDO Rev A
- MSM7627, 600MHz processor
- Memory: ROM 512MB, RAM 256MB
- 3.2? Touch Screen, 800 x 480 Pixels, 262K Color TFT
- Slide-Out QWERTY Keyboard
- BLUETOOTH 2.1 + EDR
- 3.2 Megapixel with Autofocus and Flash; Dedicated Camera/Video Key
- 3.5mm Headset Jack
- Android 2.1 OS; Google Experience Device
- LG Widgets including calendar widget, Weather+time, Socialite widget
- Integrated Google and Facebook Contacts in LG Socialite
- Push Gmail and Exchange, Google Calendar
- 4GB microSD pre-installed
- S-GPS and aGPS Capable
- Speakerphone MP3 Ringtones (Embedded Ringtones, Vibrating Alerts, and Silent)
- Visual Voice Mail Capable
- Google Apps include Google Search
- Google Maps with Navigation Beta, Transit, and Wikipedia Information;
- Google Talk with Presence; Gmail; YouTube™; Latitude; Google Calendar
- 1000s of Apps and 100s of Widgets Available in Android Market
- Android Webkit HTML5-based Browser
- Google Over the Air Updates
- Dimensions: 4.56? (H) x 2.22? (W) x 0.62? (D)
- Weight: 5.57 oz.
- Usage Time: Up to 450 mins or Standby Time: Up to 500 hr
And here is a photo of the spec sheet itself.
The only thing that hasn’t been revealed yet is the LG Ally’s actual launch price. If the above info turns out right, we’ll be able to find out on May 13 at the earliest.