T-Mobile apparently has been working up a little something called “Project Emerald” and it has been deemed as a handset launch by those in the know. Info about this was first posted on tmonews.com about a week ago and today, more details about the device have surfaced.
Earlier rumors and speculation about Project Emerald pointed towards the Samsung Galaxy S as the handset that would come out as the result of this top secret operation. But as you know, the Samsung Galaxy S isn’t exactly a secret anymore and so if it was Project Emerald, then there would be no point in being secretive about the whole thing.
But the latest information indicates that the “Nexus One-like device” being billed as Project Emerald might actually be a Sidekick Twist running Android 2.1, with a mobile processor (possibly from Snapdragon) clocked at 1GHz and a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED display to round out its list of super smartphone features.
There still isn’t really any hard info on this, but we’ll be providing relevant updates as soon as new stuff trickles down from the source.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- T-Mobile MyTouch HD launches on November 3d?
- HTC Emerald on its way to Mobilicity in Canada, will be released in mid-May
- T-Mobile Project Emerald: HTC Desire HD to be sold as MyTouch HD and HTC Vision as G1 Blaze?
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini shows up again in a batch of live pics
- Samsung Galaxy S i9000 launching in Asia in June. Android 2.2 Froyo promised for later