Samsung’s Corby range is all about featurephones, and yet it looks like Samsung wants to launch a Corby smartphone, too – an Android 2.1 one.
Apart from Android 2.1 and Wi-Fi, the Samsung Corby i5500 reportedly features GPS, 3G, Bluetooth, touchscreen display (of unknown resolution), and a photo camera, probably of at least 3MP.
The i5500 was also approved by the FCC (sans 3G, though), and in lack of a proper photo of it, we give you the FCC’s sketch of what the handset’s case will look like:
The Samsung i5500 Corby should be announced “in the coming weeks” (maybe at the same time with the Samsung i5800 / i5800 aka Galax3?). It’s said that the smartphone will cost around €200.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Unannounced Samsung Corby II S3850 hits the FCC
- New Samsung Corby II S3850 unveiled
- Samsung Corby Pop to be even cheaper than the original Corby
- Samsung Corby Plus B3410 coming to Rogers for $130 on PAYG
- Samsung Galaxy i5500 with Android announced in Italy as Corby Smartphone