Although Virgin Mobile was the first to announce it’s bringing the HTC Wildfire to the UK, it looks like the first UK carrier to actually launch the smartphone will be T-Mobile.
The Wildfire is now featured on T-Mobile UK’s website, in the coming soon section, and the carrier says on Twitter that customers will be able to buy the handset starting June 14. Last time I checked, June was in the second quarter of the year, so this might be a mistake, since HTC officially said the Wildfire (which runs Android 2.1) would only be out in the third quarter.
T-Mobile UK didn’t disclose the price of the HTC Wildfire, but “free on select plans” sounds like a safe guess.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Wildfire S to cost $249 at Bell Canada. Virgin Mobile will launch it, too
- Canada: Virgin Mobile HTC Wildfire S pricing leaks, launch should happen soon
- Virgin Mobile Canada set to release the HTC Sensation for $499.99 and the Wildfire S for $199.99
- Canada: Virgin Mobile HTC Wildfire S may launch on July 8
- HTC Wildfire announced by Virgin UK