Samsung has finally announced the availability of the Wave S8500 – although only in Germany, where the smartphone should be on sale starting today, for €429 ($545), unlocked. As a side note, in Italy the handset is now on pre-order for only €399 ($506).
The Wave S8500 is Samsung’s first Bada OS device, as well as the first one to feature a Super AMOLED touchscreen display (3.3 inches, 480 x 800 pixels).
The handset has lots of other nice features, including a 1GHz processor, HSDPA / HSUPA, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, A-GSP, Bluetooth 3.0, 3.5mm headset jack, and a 5MP autofocus camera with LED flash and 720p video recording.
More info on the German Samsung Wave can be found here – where Samsung has also posted details about an upcoming live show scheduled for May 30 and organized to celebrate the launch of the new phone.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Bada-based Samsung Wave II S8530 with Super Clear LCD gets official
- Samsung Wave S8500 specs and photos show up
- Bada-based Samsung Wave II S8530 now available in Germany
- Samsung Wave in CDMA flavor (SCH-F859)
- Samsung Wave S8500 actually not coming too soon?