June is sure shaping up to be an incredible month for new phones. Even just the first full week of June will be crowded with announcements and releases — A supposed 4th-gen iPhone, the HTC EVO 4G, and AT&T Pixi Plus, to name a few — and that’s not even counting the rest of the month, and who knows what will be in store for us the remaining 3 weeks of June. It’s time to add another phone launch to the first week, the T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide.
After months of rumors, the MyTouch 3G Slide is now official and will be making its grand entrance to the mobile world on June 2 at T-Mobile, with widespread availability on June 16. The phone itself can be yours for $179.99 after $50 rebate and contract, which doesn’t really help it when competing with the EVO 4G that will have a lot more features for $20 more.
Here’s a quick refresh on what the MyTouch 3G Slide will have to offer:
- Android 2.1
- 3.4 inch HVGA touchscreen display
- customizable five-pane home screen
- 4-row sliding QWERTY keyboard
- Wi-Fi, GPS
- 5MP autofocus camera
- 8GB memory card in the box
- Genius Button
- Faves Gallery
Certainly the MyTouch 3G Slide will have a leg up on its MyTouch predecessor as well as the recently-released Cliq XT. But please leave a comment and let us know what your level of interest is in this device, especially compared to the others being released in June!
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- T-Mobile myTouch Slide to be launched in June?
- T-Mobile myTouch2 / myTouch Slide (HTC Espresso) photos leaked
- T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide to get Android 2.2 Froyo next week?
- T-Mobile myTouch Slide with Android 2.1 in hands-on photos
- T-Mobile myTouch Slide will have three color versions