Back in January, ModeLabs and Versace announced they’re working on a luxury phone, and now the companies are introducing the Versace Unique, a handset presented as “the first luxury touchscreen and full-featured multimedia creation” that will be available through Versace’s flagship boutiques and other jewellery networks.
The Versace Unique is hand-assembled in France and it’s made out of materials like high-tech ceramic, stainless steel, leather and 18K yellow gold. The touchscreen display (of unknown resolution) is made out of sapphire crystal and it’s “impossible to scratch”.
If the purple version of the handset looks horrible to you (as it looks to me), you should know that an all-black version might be in the making, too. The Versace Unique will be available starting early June. Its price was not announced, but don’t expect it to be under $1,000 – that’s the price to pay if you want to be unique (yeah right, as if an uber-expensive phone can really change what you are).
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG Versace Unique to be launched in India for almost $10,000
- Versace luxury phones coming soon from ModeLabs
- Vertu Constellation T is the newest luxury touchscreen smartphone in town
- Samsung Jet Mystic Purple spotted in Hong Kong
- Purple Samsung Galaxy Ace launched by O2 UK