But fret not, QWERTY fans, as HTC is apparently readying a Desire-like handset that will also include a sliding keyboard. Codenamed HTC Vision, this upcoming smartphone has a WVGA touchscreen display and, according to Tweakers.net, its UA profile is similar to the one of the HTC Desire (save for the already-mentioned presence of a hardware keyboard).
Details on the availability of the HTC Vision are basically nonexistent at the moment, but the handset might be announced pretty soon – maybe running Android 2.2 from the start.
Needless to say, this above is a mock-up that mixes the HTC Desire with the Touch Pro 2’s keyboard – and with a non-Android OS (is that MeeGo/Maemo?).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Vision QWERTY Android phone shows up in the wild
- HTC Ace to be called Desire HD, HTC Vision will be Desire Z
- HTC Desire Z and Desire HD specs leaked
- Verizon’s HTC Desire shows up in the… dark
- HTC Desire S will be available from Amazon UK on April 18 for £419.99