Next-gen Motorola Droid (Shadow?) for Verizon leaked
For those who are sick of news about the next-gen Apple iPhone, here’s something about what seems to be Verizon’s next-generation Motorola Droid.
A leaked photo of a Verizon Getting Started manual shows a previously unseen Motorola Droid, which reportedly features MotoBlur (some users think MotoBlur is crap, so putting it on a high-end Droid seems to be a bad idea to me).
- 4.1 inch TFT full-WVGA touchscreen display
- Android 2.1 (upgradeable to Android 2.2)
- 8MP camera with HD (720p) video recording
- 1080p output via HDMI port
- TI OMAP 3630 processor (probably at 720 MHz)
- 2GB of built-in memory
Verizon should launch the new Motorola Droid / Shadow in July. No word on the device’s price yet, but Verizon will probably be wise enough to keep it under $200 on contract. So, will you dump your old QWERTY-friendly Moto Droid for this new and thinner Droid when it comes out?