Previously known as Dell Mini 5, Dell’s first Android tablet, now called Dell Streak, has just been officially announced in the UK – where O2 will exclusively offer it via its own channels, as well as via Carphone Warehouse. The new tablet will be available starting early June – not long after Apple will launch the iPad in the UK.
The tablet’s other official features include: 5 inch WVGA multi-touch display, HSDPA, Wi-Fi, 1GHz Snapdragon processor, Google Maps (with free navigation, I suppose), Twitter and Facebook integration, 5MP autofocus camera, 2GB of internal memory, and MicroSD card support.
Pricing details will be unveiled by O2 ahead of launch. Dell says the Streak will also be available in the US this summer – most probably via AT&T.
Will the Dell Streak be as successful as the Apple iPad (sold in more than 1 million units until now)? Not likely, but it will probably not be a flop, either.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- 10-inch Dell Streak Pro Android tablet gets pictured
- Unlocked Dell Venue with Android 2.2 coming soon to the US
- Dell Streak 7 delayed in Canada
- Dell Streak will cost $299 on AT&T, Dell Aero will cost $99 and launch on August 9th
- Dell Streak available tomorrow at O2 UK, coming to the US in July