Samsung’s Wave S8500 is already available in some European markets – but only with GSM / UMTS support.
Well, a CDMA / EV-DO Rev A version of the Bada-based handset also exists, and will be launched soon in China, as Samsung SCH-F859. The Wave F859 looks exactly like the GSM edition, and it should be available through China Telecom (the only Chinese carrier that currently has a CDMA network).
Feature-wise, the F859 is not different from the S8500, so it comes with a 3.3 inch WVGA Super AMOLED touchscreen display, TouchWiz UI 3.0, GPS, 3.5mm headset jack, Bluetooth 3.0, 5MP autofocus camera, HD video recording, and 1GHz processor.
The release date of Samsung Wave F859 is not known at the moment. The handset could also be launched by CDMA carriers in the US (Verizon, Sprint) – although it probably won’t be.
Via Samsung Hub
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Bada-based Samsung Wave II S8530 with Super Clear LCD gets official
- Bada-based Samsung Wave II S8530 now available in Germany
- Samsung Wave II S8530 launched in India
- Samsung Wave coming to Bell Canada on July 8. Wave 2 might hit the UK in August
- Samsung Wave S8500 available in the UK, £366.99 unlocked