Expected to be available at Sprint starting June 4 (for $199 on contract), the HTC EVO 4G will have a rather unusual accessory: an HDMI docking station that’s compatible with both the MicroUSB port of the EVO, and its HDMI 1.4 port.
The EVO 4G docking station will be available at Best Buy “soon” – most probably immediately after the Android 2.1 smartphone itself is launched.
This is good news, especially since micro HDMI cables seem to be a rarity in US stores at the moment. However, it should be noted that PCMag reviewed the HDMI-out capabilities of the EVO 4G, and the results were “disappointing”: most videos played on TVs didn’t look decent enough. Update: it looks like this has happened because the reviewer didn’t use HD videos, so he actually shouldn’t expect the results to be satisfying. Thus, as pointed out in the comments below, this review is of no relevance when it comes to EVO 4G’s true HDMI capabilities.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- New iPhone Docking Station. Apple Tablet next?
- Specs for Toshiba’s 10.1-inch Android tablet outed via Amazon product page
- AT&T Motorola Atrix 4G Hands-on at CES 2011
- One iPod dock to hold them all
- Google Nexus One pricing: $180 with contract, $530 without