NII Holdings and Motorola will bring the i1 to Mexico, Brazil and Argentina, as Latin America’s first Push-to-Talk Android smartphone.
The handset is rugged, runs Android 1.5 and it’s by far the best-looking iDEN device ever. It features a 3.1 inch HVGA touchscreen display, Wi-Fi, Google Maps, Swype text input, Nextel Live, Opera Mini 5, Facebook access, MP3 player, 5MP camera with flash, and MicroSD card support.
NII Holdings didn’t say when exactly the i1 will be available in Latin America, but it should happen in the next few months. Meanwhile, you can check out our hands-on preview of the Motorola i1 here.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola i1 to be available on June 20 via Boost Mobile
- RIM, Nextel to launch the BlackBerry Curve 8350i in Latin America
- Motorola i1Q shows up, it’s like an iDEN Droid Pro
- Motorola i940 iDEN Android phone announced. Available now in Brazil
- Sprint’s Motorola i1 announced as the first PTT Android smartphone