It’s no secret, that HTC’s Droid Incredible has been a major hit for Verizon.
It’s probably the first U.S. smartphone, to really challenge the supremacy of the iPhone. Even Fake Steve Jobs (Newsweek’s Dan Lions) decided to ditch his iPhone, and go Droid Incredible.
But no matter how badly you want your incredible Droid , you can’t get it now. Verizon and HTC just can’t keep up, and are telling customers that they’ll have to wait until mid-June, at least, to get one.
Demand for HTC Incredible is outstripping HTC’s ability to produce it. And today Verizon’s CEO Lowell McAdam named the culprit for that.
It’s Samsung. Or, more precisely, Samsung Mobile Display unit, which is unable to make Incredible’s 3.7” OLED toucscreen display panels in sufficient quantities.
The good news is, that Samsung has ramped up the OLED display panel production, and should be able to meet HTC’s demand within 30-60 days.
The bad news? Well, it’s still 30-60 days of shortages for Verizon Droid Incredible.
Via: Fierce Wireless
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon: don’t worry, we’ll likely have enough Droid X phones for everyone at launch
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible to get Android 2.2 Froyo on Wednesday
- Verizon’s HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE to be available on July 5 in all channels
- Verizon’s HTC Droid Incredible smartphones arriving with promised time frame
- Verizon Droid Incredible ->Droid X exchange confirmed for July 15th. Incredible won’t be phased out