Unfortunately, Vodafone doesn’t provide a launch date for the Nokia N8, but since the handset is bound to hit the market in the third quarter of this year, the carrier might offer it as soon as July.
Pricing has not been unveiled, either, but I guess Vodafone will offer the N8 for free on contract with plans from £30 per month (like the HTC Desire is currently offered), or even less.
The N8 is Nokia’s first Symbian^3 smartphone (although it looks like it won’t be the world’s first Symbian^3 handset) and features a 3.5 inch AMOLED touchscreen display with 360 x 640 pixels, HSPA, Wi-Fi, A-GPS, Nokia Maps with free navigation, 3.5mm headset jack, TV-out, 16GB of internal memory, and a 12MP autofocus camera with Carl Zeiss optics, Xenon flash and 720p video recording.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia E7 announced by Three UK, will be available in Q1 2011
- Samsung Galaxy S on pre-order at Vodafone UK, ships on June 15
- Nokia E7 coming to O2 UK in May. Samsung Galaxy Ace will hit Orange
- HTC 7 Mozart and Nokia N8 show up on Orange UK’s website
- Nokia X6 16GB, Nokia E72 coming to Canada