The i897 has now appeared in photos, and while it looks a bit different than the Galaxy S, the folks over at AndroidGuys are reporting that the two handsets’ features are pretty much similar: 4 inch Super AMOLED touchscreen display, Android 2.1, 3.5mm headset jack, and 5MP camera.
It’s said that the i897 has a Snapdragon processor. However, I don’t see why Samsung would not include its own ARM Cortex A8 1GHz processor into the i897 (since this is already used for the Galaxy S).
Currently, AT&T sells only one Android smartphone (the Motorola BlackFlip), and it’s preparing to launch the second one, the Dell Aero. Will the Samsung i897 / Galaxy S be the third one? Let’s hope we’ll find out soon.
On a related note, T-Mobile USA will also launch a version of the Galaxy S – the Samsung T959 – probably in the next few months.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy S IV rumored to come with S Pen stylus, launching in April
- Samsung Galaxy S Pro with QWERTY keyboard in the making?
- Samsung Galaxy S US promo website goes live. Verizon launching the smartphone, too?
- New Samsung Galaxy S Plus i9001 to come with Android 2.3 Gingerbread, 1.4GHz CPU?
- Quad-core Samsung Galaxy S III to be announced at MWC 2012? Galaxy S 3D reportedly in the making