Google Nexus One will be available in South Korea starting late June, and the carrier to offer it is KT, the country’s second largest mobile operator.
The price for the Nexus One in Korea was not disclosed. KT says that the smartphone (the world’s first to get Android 2.2) will be available both online and via various retailers.
KT also offers the Apple iPhone in South Korea, which, according to YonhapNews, was sold in 732,000 units since November 2009 when it was launched. Judging by its sales in the US, the Nexus One will most likely not be that popular – although you can never know what happens.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG has sold more than 1 million Optimus LTE smartphones in South Korea
- 60% of South Koreans own a smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy S II outselling iPhone 4 in the UK
- Apple fires Korean sales head after iOS market share reaches all time low of 9.3%
- Nokia 5800 XpressMusic launched in South Korea