AT&T’s most important phone this year will be the iPhone 4G, there’s no doubt about it. But that doesn’t mean we have to overlook the carrier’s other upcoming handsets – some of them may be perfect iPhone alternatives.
Take the Samsung i897, for example, which seems to be AT&T’s own version of Samsung Galaxy S i9000. According to Boy Genius Report, the i897 will be called Samsung Captivate. There’s still no word on when exactly it will be launched, though.
BGR is also reporting that the HTC Aria (appeared earlier today in some photos – one of them can be seen below) will feature a 3 inch touchscreen display, Sense UI, Wi-Fi, 3G and a 5MP camera. The Aria runs Android 2.1 and it might be announced next week.
image via AndroidGys
The Samsung Eternity II a597 is also coming soon to AT&T. According to the Bluetooth SIG, it’s a “Full Touch 3G phone with basic features such as SMS, MMS, Email, Mobile web, Bluetooth and IM”. Sounds like worthy TouchWiz-based successor of the Eternity a876, doesn’t it?
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- AT&T’s HTC Aria (Liberty) Android smartphone announced (video)
- AT&T’s HTC Aria to be launched as HTC Liberty or HTC Intruder?
- AT&T HTC Aria Finally Gets Froyo Update
- AT&T HTC Aria shows up in photos?
- Samsung Eternity II A597 and Flight II A927 announced for AT&T, Flight II available now at Radio Shack