The chatter about Verizon finally getting a taste of iPhone OS products this year, is reaching the levels that remind me the Apple iPad rumor fest at the end of 2009. Even Steve Jobs himself is changing the tune, and now says that iPhone on 2 U.S. networks makes sense.
So, unless there is some last minute fallout between Apple and Verizon, the arrival of iPhone and iPad on Verizon network seems imminent.
And today we get another Verizon/Apple rumor, from Boy Genius Report – who has a pretty good track record of wheedling stuff out of Big Red. According to their “higly placed source”, Verizon is already testing CDMA iPad on their network.
Which makes perfect sense right now. When new iPhone users on AT&T were growing be leaps and bounds, there was no big pressure for Apple to find another network partner in U.S. But those heady AT&T iPhone growth days seem to be nearing the end.
With most of the iPhone growth coming from Asia and Europe in the first quarter of 2010, and growth on AT&T stalling, it’s really a good time to tap a huge latent U.S. iPhone demand, that are millions of customers of Verizon.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- EVDO iPhone coming to Verizon in 2009?
- Another rumor confirms iPad 3 shipping in March, says iPad 4 will follow in October
- Rumor: iPhone 5 will be a dual-mode CDMA+GSM device
- Apple iPad officially coming to Verizon on October 28. No 3G, Wi-Fi only
- N92 – CDMA iPhone 4 headed to Verizon this January?