Starting today, when you search info about a mobile application on an iPhone or Android handset via Google.com, you’ll see “special links and content at the top of the search results” – which will help you directly access the app’s page in Android Market or iPhone App Store.
The new results also allow you to quickly check out basic app features, like publisher, ratings and price.
For the moment, mobile app search results are only available to iPhone and Android users in the US. But don’t worry, worldwide iPhone and Android fans, Google plans to bring the feature to other markets soon.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- New Google Image Search results available for Android, iPhone
- Google Makes Movie Search on Android and iPhone Faster and Easier
- Google intros new Image Search for Android, iPhone (video)
- Google Maps 4.6 for Android available now
- Google optimizes search results pages for iPhone and Android