Sony Ericsson Walkman phones were very popular a few years ago, but now the Walkman brand is pretty much dead (with only two Walkman handsets announced in the last 12 months).
But Sony Ericsson will apparently try to bring back the glory days, helped by Google’s Android OS: the SEMC Blog is reporting that the Swedish-Japanese joint venture is getting ready to launch a Walkman Android handset this month.
It’s said that the Walkman Android phone resembles the Xperia X10 Mini, featuring a 2.6 inch touchscreen display, 5.1MP camera (without LED flash), changeable covers, and “a powerful Walkman player.” The handset runs either Android 1.6 or Android 2.1 – I hope it’s the latter, really.
There aren’t any other details about the Walkman Android handset at the moment (the image above does not show the real device, it’s just a concept phone found at Esato).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Walkman Android phone pictured, called W150i TeaCake?
- Sony Ericsson Mix Walkman launched by Vodafone UK
- Sony Ericsson Yendo Android Walkman promo pics leak
- #MWC10: Sony Ericsson Vivaz Pro, Xperia X10 Mini and X10 Mini Pro (video)
- 5-inch QWERTY Android 2.1 smartphone coming from Sony Ericsson?