Motorola has confirmed that it’s bringing the Motoroi XT720 to Europe, albeit under a different name: Motorola Milestone XT720.
The Milestone XT720 has just been announced in the UK as the first Android smartphone to feature Xenon flash. Like the Korean Motoroi, the new handset comes with a 3.7 inch WVGA (480 x 854) multi-touch capacitive display, Wi-Fi, GPS, HDMI port, 3.5mm headset jack, 8MP autofocus camera, HD (720p) video recording, and an 8GB card included in the box.
Unfortunately, the processor of the Milestone XT720 is not faster than the one of Motoroi, as previously rumored – it’s just a 550MHz one.
The Milestone XT720 runs Android 2.1, but it will probably be updated to Android 2.2 Froyo after launch. And speaking of launch, Motorola didn’t say when the new Milestone will hit the market – however, the handset will likely be available in the next few months (in the UK at least).
A futuristic video promo of the Motorola Milestone XT720 can be watched below:
The XT720 could also be launched in the US soon, and regional carrier Cincinnati Bell might be the first to sell it. So, would you buy this instead of, say, the HTC Desire?
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motoroi X (aka Droid X) will be Mexico’s first Android 2.2 Froyo smartphone
- Upgraded Motorola Motoroi coming to the UK with Android 2.1
- Motorola MOTOROI to hit the US and other countries this spring?
- Motorola Milestone XT720 to hit the UK on July 2
- Motorola’s MOTOROI (XT720) with Android gets official in Korea